March 27, 2010

Café Crêpe

(Chicken, Egg, Mayonnaise $7.00)

I finally get my visit to the Cafe Crepe. My and my sister took a long 1.5 hour ride on the TTC to arrive at a classy, modern, crepe restaurant. There is a good variety of crepes for vegetarians and well everyone else. Not only do they have crepes, they also carry grilled panini sandwiches, french baguette sandwiches, a parisian hot dog, and soups of the day. In my opinion I think they are charging a bit much for a simple swiss cheese and egg that we can make at home (which I do plan on trying) for $6.00+tax. The look of the savoury crepes are a bit boring aswell as they all look alike with no added plateing for show. But the sweet crepes are a bit more dressed up as they can drizzle what ever is on the inside on the top. As well as the drink, I ordered a vanilla bean tea and recieved a cup of hot water, 3 milks and a tea bag. I had to pretty much open the packet, put in the tea bag, put in the milk, ask for sugar, then of course put in the sugar. I was not impressed.

(Vanilla bean tea, $2.50)


(Honey and nut crepe, $4.25)

(Apple sauce and cinnamon, $4.75) [Sister got this one.]



The atmosphere I must say was very nice and modern but with vintage looking paintings, but the seating was very uncomfortable. The seating arrangement is pretty much a long row of tables where you can be sitting next to complete strangers on this long connected chair? sofa? It's just a very long soft.. thing that you can sit on. Overall, my experience at the Cafe Crepe would have to be 5/10.

Click here for Crepe Cafe's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment